Sunday, March 26, 2006

Agonda, Goa - Entry for January 11, 2006 - part 1


Back in paradise.
After some awful cold, I decided to head south to Goa. On the way (I flew - first time on a flight in India) met an English couple who told me to avoid the old paradise from 11 years ago (Palolem, which is now just a massive strip of tourist accomodation and shops) and go to a real quite and beautiful place up the coast- Agonda. And man, were they so right! It is just beautiful here, and I'm staying in an elevated hut looking out over the beach. A number of places to stay on the beach and a few restaurants,but absolutely worlds away from the meat market of Palolem. VERY quiet, no hassles, very genuinely friendly people, and good food. All I can hear at night (and pretty much all day) is just the sound of the waves breaking on the shore (all you can hear in Palolem - which is where I've come to do this blog - is cars, touts and music). Been clearing up the lungs from Delhi, and my poor English friends have just finally recovered from the serious 'Delhi-belly' they got in ... Delhi, so things are fine. Only wish Anne was here - she'd really like it. I'm learning how to ride a motor scooter, as it's the best way to get around on to the small roads to other areas. I'll leave here eventually, but not thinking about that right now.

The next few pics are from around Agonda (a small Christian fishing village).

Wednesday January 11, 2006 - 10:53pm (PST)

No comments: