Sunday, March 26, 2006

New Delhi, India - Entry for January 01, 2006

In the Hare Ram Lodge in Pahar Ganj, New Delhi.









A good first day in Delhi. Though there are new pollution controls in Delhi, since I was last here 5 years ago, the air is pretty thick. Been stumbling through the day with 12.5 hours jet lag, but have stayed on my feet since I've been up, walking around Pahar Ganj and getting re-acquainted. Actually enjoying myself more than I thought I would on my first day. Even though there aren't all that many foreigners around ('all in Goa for New years'), I've had lots of good encounters with other travellers, and with the local folks. The pic is of me last night in the front of the hotel where I'm staying. Just had a good dinner - Thai of sorts!- and tea and conversation with a Christian evangelizer (sp?)/business man living here who was arrested a couple of times for his religious activities some years back. Interesting, though, and fun to hear such a different philosphical approach (can you spell 'end-of-days'?).

Sunday January 1, 2006 - 08:57am (PST)

No comments: